HR Manager (Apply Here) (Philadelphia)
The HR Manager oversees and directs the human resources function, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, terminations, and administrative duties related to the hiring process and record keeping. Focus Forward is located in Wayne, PA and currently staffs 65 employees, about half full time and half part time. This position implements HR policies consistent with the overall objectives of the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Administer compensation, benefit, and performance appraisal programs.
• Oversee payroll, and 401(k) plan
• Recruit and negotiate rates for staffing vacancies
• Conduct initial interview process
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, wages, opportunities, and employee benefits
• Perform difficult staffing duties such as advising managers on administering disciplinary procedures and terminating employees
• Oversee coordination of employee on-boarding and orientation
• Responsible for policy development, review, and implementation
• Oversees the record management function including maintenance, retention, transfer, and disposition of personnel records and files
• Oversees the development, revision and maintenance of comprehensive job descriptions
• Provides information and advice to employees, supervisors and managers regarding employee relations issues and personnel policies, practices and regulations
• Coordinate and conduct training on human resource program-related topics and issues
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning person-related data such as hires, terminations, and performance appraisals
• Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
• Various other duties, as needed
This position is 25 hours a week (5 hours each day, M-F). There is some flexibility in the hours.
Minimum five years successful experience as an HR Generalist
Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
BS/BA from accredited college or university.