Join the Team
Join the Team
Join the Team
Join the Team
Join the Team
Focus Forward is one of the fastest growing market research firms in North America.
If you’re seeking a challenging career opportunity and stimulating work environment, look to Focus Forward, where talented individuals are the most important part of our success. We’re looking for folks who can demonstrate our philosophy of determination, innovation, passion, teamwork and trust.
Focus Forward is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same opportunities to every individual regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, age, sexual orientation or preference, national origin, marital status, gender, ancestry, disability or handicap, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Positions Currently Available
College Internship Program
Focus Forward is seeking candidates for our 2018 College Summer Internship Program. This paid program is open to college students of all majors who are interested in market research and/or in gaining work experience in a professional business environment. The Market Research Recruiter position is located at Focus Forward’s office, at 950 West Valley Road, Suite 2700 in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
Focus Forward LLC, provides nationwide recruiting services, online panel and fast turnaround transcribing services. On the cutting edge of the marketing research industry, Focus Forward is a vibrant and growth-centric firm whose team is the core of all operations. We have been recognized as a three time Inc. 5000 winner, three time Philly Top 100 winner and a 40 Under 40 winner!
Program Dates/Work Hours
The internship will begin June 4, 2018 and end July 27, 2018.
- Learn Focus Forward’s people, history mission and core values
- Review company policies and practices
- Review position description and Intern learning objectives
- Receive guided training – Supervisor and peer-led.
Market Research Recruiter Intern Job Description
The Market Research Recruiter is responsible for identifying and scheduling qualified respondents to participate in market research focus groups and surveys.
- Place calls to existing database or client list respondents to read specific questions verbatim and accurately record their responses.
- Record open-ended responses verbatim, probing for additional information and clarify all answers as needed. Communicate with courtesy, yet urgency to achieve respondent participation
- Schedule qualified respondents for research project with a focus on strong closes to enhance respondent show rates.
- Understand and follow specific project specifications as specified by the project manager.
- Make supervisor aware of any screener problems or variances.
- Productively use time to dial assigned phone list and keep supervisor aware when there are issues with the numbers provided.
- Meet/exceed established production goals and metrics.
- Update software system with outcome of calls.
- Work effectively on a team with other Recruiters and Project Managers on assigned studies.
- Receive comprehensive knowledge of all departments.
- Prior experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and general computer usage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Pay Rate: $11.00 hourly
Intern Learning Objectives
- Strengthen interpersonal communication skills with internal and external business partners and clients.
- Identify and define the common or unique business terminology used by the Qualitative Market Research department and Market Research industry.
- Analyze any principles, policies and rules associated with the position.
- Determine the goals of the department and how the Recruiter position supports outcomes.
- Analyze the customer service practices and attitudes in the organizational culture.
- Demonstrate the ability to accept changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes or delays.
- Enhance the ability to work effectively and relates well with others and exhibiting a professional manner in dealing with others.
Independent Contractors: Transcribers
Interested in joining Focus Forward as an independent English-Language or Spanish-Language transcriber? Click here for more information.
Proofreader (Part Time)
We are seeking a part-time Proofreader to join our Transcription Department. The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to experience in:
- Proofread Microsoft Word document transcripts for accuracy against an audio file
- Transcribe notes for market research interviews via phone line, streaming video/audio or recorded audio
- Review applicant test submissions and assist in hiring independent contractors
- Provide feedback via email to transcribers
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Superb attention to details
- Mastery of the English language, including both punctuation and grammar rules
- Self-motivated, proactive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Must have a working computer with high-speed Internet access to work from home, as needed
- Associates Degree preferred; work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Our corporate offices are in Wayne, PA office. Slight preference is given to candidates who can commute to Wayne on a regular basis but we also hire nationwide. Hourly rate is $12 per hour.
Market Research Recruiter (Part Time)
We have immediate part time openings for individuals who will be making outbound calls to candidates being recruited for Focus Groups. You must be computer literate and be able to read specific questions to the candidates which you will record on questionnaires. Part time hours can vary from 10am to 8pm Monday through Thursday, and 10am to 5pm on Friday. College students welcome.
* Comfortable using a computer with Microsoft Windows
* Excellent communication skills
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Please note this position is located in our Wayne, PA office. All candidates must be able to commute to Wayne on a regular basis.